Come and explore the wonderful Art of Jazz Singing
Come and explore the wonderful Art of Jazz Singing.
Teaching is a very important element of my work as a jazz singer. I like to impart knowledge and help people with their singing.
I have many years of experience teaching privately and at various institutions, including UMASS (USA), Guildhall School of Music, London, Leeds College, Birmingham University, Colchester, Institute, Brunel University, Trinity College of Music and Adelaide University, Australia,The Jazz School, Berkley California, Jazz Camp West USA (Summer Camp), Loire Summer School, Scuola Popolare di Musica di Testaccio and Saint Louis School of Music (Summer Camp) in Rome.
I have conducted masterclasses at Australia Institute of Music in Sydney and ANATS in Adelaide, and more recently I have taken up the position of Jazz Vocal Lecturer at the Elder Conservatorium which is part of Adelaide University.
Vocal Workshops & Courses
Jazz Singing School with Anita Wardell & Trudy Kerr
Anita met Trudy Kerr in 1985 during a singing competition in Sydney, Australia. They immediately became good friends and have remained so ever since.
Trudy hails from Brisbane where she performed and toured Australia and the south Pacific. Once in London, both Anita and Trudy studied on the postgraduate jazz and studio music course at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. This course was a springboard for establishing their careers in jazz singing. Alongside their artistic careers, they share a passion for jazz education.
After many conversations about vocal jazz education, they felt the time was right to create a collaborative learning platform for jazz singers of all levels. So they came up with Jazz Singing School, a learning program for jazz voice.
- Colchester Institute, 1993-1996. Contributed to the creation of the vocal jazz
- Brunel University, 1994-1999.
- Guildhall School of Music. Master classes on a regular basis; 1st and 2nd study
- City Literary Institute, 1993-1999, 2003. Impro & technique for jazz singers.
- Leeds College, 1993-1999,2007. Visiting artiste in residence.
- Glamorgan (Wales) Annual Summer School, 1996-1999, 2005.
- Regents Park College (London) Annual Summer School, 1996-1999, 2005.
- Loire Vocal Jazz Summer School, 2004-2009.
- Royal Academy of Music, 2006. Vocal workshop.
- LCCM Easter Course, 2005-2007.
- Workshop with Mark Murphy, Chumleigh Gardens Cafe, 2006.
- Trinity College Workshops, 2007-2008.
- Ireland- Sligo summer Jazz Course, 2008 /2010.
- Birmingham Conservatoire Vocal Improvisation, June 2010.
- ACM Guildford, 2010.
- Finland. Regular visits to Jyvasklya University, 1992-1999. Single study students and
- Czech Republic. Freidland Summer School, 1994.
- Australia. Adelaide University, 2000-2002. Artist in residence and Jazz vocal
- Australia. Dizzy’s Jazz Club (Melbourne), 2001-2002. Vocal Master Class.
- Australia. Adelaide University. Vocal Jazz Lecturer and consultant, 2006/7/8/9/10 &
- USA. UMass. Boston, Massachusetts. Improvisation workshop, 2005.
- France. Loire Valley Summer School, 2004/5/6/7/8/9/10.